Shop My Closet

Shop My Closet
Shop My Closet

My Published Articles

My Published Articles
My Published Articles

My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things
My Favorite Things

Influenster VoxBox


Upon First Opening Box
So if you were like me, perhaps you've never even heard of Influenster. It's basically a site where you can take surveys, answer questions about products, and provide companies with insight into how you really view their products. Influenster will reward you with the more reviews you complete by sending you a box such as this one above. All you have to do is a quick survey after receiving your box as well as an optional review of the products if you so wish. Basically free products just for your opinion!

Items Inside
The first four items I noticed inside the box really surprised me. I've received boxes in the past and to be honest, I've been rather underwhelmed, but the products being free and all, I don't have much room to complain. However, Influenster really stepped up their game with their latest box.

Pilot Pen: Because lets get real, who doesn't always need a new pen?

Impress Nails: I'm actually very excited about this because Influenster has a tendency to give out the crappiest designs of Impress Nails like hot pink cheetah print in the past and let's be real, who would wear those?! However these are fun and spring appropriate and easy to apply. These are also very subtle fake nails so using it only on an accent finger looks natural.

Playtex: I was stunned to see a box of 16 tampons. I thought I would receive one or two at maximum but a whole box was awesome! I usually walk past the "sport" tampons because they're a bit pricey and I'm not entirely sure what makes them different, but I've always wanted to try them out. Definitely excited to have to opportunity to try them out in the future.

NYC lipstick: I've never tried an NYC lipstick, but their lip glosses have been up to par, so I wasn't disappointed to see this product. Being a beauty snob, I know NYC is a very cheap brand, and the lipstick does feel a bit waxy and didn't last long, but for about $3 retail price, it's a nice lipstick. The color is very bright and not something I would normally buy but I actually loved the color on myself and was pleasantly surprised.

In "Light Ivory"
The biggest surprise out of this box was Rimmel Stay Matte, I was so excited to see this in my box! My thoughts about this product run a little bit rampant because I'm so hot and cold about it, so I'll make a pro con list.

Pro: Feels velvety on the skin; amazing coverage; feels light; adorable packaging; good longevity
Con: Way too light of a color (That might be my error for telling them my shade), sadly at the end of the day I looked in the mirror and could really tell I was wearing foundation.
Verdict: I think I'll save this foundation for the summer time. I loved the feel and coverage, but I have dry skin right now and I think a matte coverage makes my face look too cakey.

Sweet Tea
Another amazing little treat in my box was this sweet tea dropper. It tastes like legitimate sweet tea I've spent hours making and only has five calories in a serving! I adore sweet tea but hate the amount of sugar in it and long time it takes to concoct it, so I'm absolutely loving and going to repurchase this in the future.

So, Influenster, for the first time in the 4 boxes I've received from you, this one gets a big 
A+



4 comments

  1. Hey girl thanks for stopping by! Change your settings so you are a non-reply blogger it's in your profile settings. Send me your email at meetatthebarre@gmail.com so we can chat! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the advice, just changed it! mines kushrebecca@yahoo.com =]

      Delete
  2. I love getting their boxes and totally agree that everyone needs a new pen!! Not going to lie - getting a whole box of tampons is pretty amazing!! Thanks for stopping by and look forward to following you along!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! those things are expensive!

      Delete