Shop My Closet

Shop My Closet
Shop My Closet

My Published Articles

My Published Articles
My Published Articles

My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things
My Favorite Things

Glossy Box Review



What you see when you open the delivery box, a box within a box!

How Gorgeous is this packaging?
The Goodies inside

First Impressions
I love to watch beauty gurus on youtube and heard about the subscription service GlossyBox through various women speaking on their favorite beauty boxes. There are currently SO many out there: PopSugar Box, Ipsy, BirchBox, Fitness Boxes, even ones for your pets now! GlossyBox was a bit more pricey, costing $21 a month, but the products seemed far more upper scale and you actually got full sized as well as sample sizes rather than those crappy free perfume samples I see in many boxes...which are totally free if you just go ask for them at a department store. The packaging is gorgeous with polka dots, tissue paper, black paper crepes, and a pretty sticker and ribbon holding it all together. The box was so nice that I kept it and put my hair bands etc. in it in my drawer.
Products

Now, on to what I received !


The first product I looked at was the Sisley Paris Rose Mask. I was expecting this to be a peel off type mask at first so I was surprised that it came out as a white lotion. I left the product on my clean skin for about 15 minutes, of where it felt like a heavy moisturizer, and rinsed it off. My skin felt very hydrated which is nice for the dry months, but seeing as I am only 22, I didn't notice any other age defying results. The original full sized product price at $158 is a bit ridiculous though, but it was fun to try. 

The very large body mist from Alex and Ani had the potential to be awesome. I loved the glass packaging, the logo, and that it was a body mist because I love those. Sadly though, I hated the scent. It smelled very much like incense and reminded me of hippies. Definitely not my cup of tea. However as a bonus, I received an extra gift in my box in the form of an Alex and Ani swan bracelet retailing for $28 which I loved.

I loved the color of the Nail Inc. polish and have heard a lot about the UK brand and was very excited to try it out. I still had to do two coats but so far no chipping. Really like the coral color as well.

I was very happy to receive the Etre Belle Liplift Peel because my lips have been super dry lately. I liked that the scrub wasn't harsh or abrasive and remained gentle while still smoothing out my lips.

This Bamboo Volume Plumping Strand Expand was nice because unlike other root lifting sprays it didn't make my hair feel greasy or weighed down. It created pretty great volume while still being hydrated.

Overall I'm liking this subscription service a lot and don't plan on canceling it like I originally feared I would if I was extremely disappointed.

Check it out at
www.glossybox.com

No comments