Shop My Closet

Shop My Closet
Shop My Closet

My Published Articles

My Published Articles
My Published Articles

My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things
My Favorite Things

Brigitte Bardot Inspired Hair & Makeup


Any Brands Will Do
The signature Brigitte Bardot look has got to be her super sexy smokey eye. What's different about Ms. Bardot is that she combines the look of a smokey eye with the thick mod liner of a 60's go go dancer.

To achieve this look you must

First, take a black eyeliner pencil and smear it all over your lid, it doesn't have to look perfect because

Then, you're going to smudge it out with your fingertips all over your lid, but try not to bring it up above your eyebrow crease,

Next take a gunmetal/gray color ( I used the last shade in my UD Naked palette) and pack that dark color all over your lid to made it very dramatic and dark, again not coming above the eye crease

Eyeliner is next, I prefer MAC's gel eyeliner but liquid will work as well, and you want to make a thin across your lid and then flick it out into a cat eye at the ends. My trick for a perfect cat eye is to make a sideways v or a < sign on my outer corner and then fill it in. Now, chances are because the eye shadow is so intense, the liquid or gel liner won't show up as defined as we want so I go over the liner with a matte black shadow and an angled shadow brush to further define and smooth out the cat eye line we want.

Lastly, take a light, mostly matte eyeshadow, I use MAC naked lunch or omega, and work it into your crease and up to your brow so that everything above your eyelids looks extremely clean and neat, keeping the focus on the eye itself. Line your lower lash line with a jet black eye pencil and mascara those lashes until you have sexy Brigitte Bardot eyes!


Big Sexy Hair is my Favorite
Now to achieve the hair!

Use a texturizing spray on dry hair, I like big sexy hair what a tease and work it into your hair,

Then grab the crown of your hair and split it into 3 sections and backcomb them with a rat comb and hairspray them,

Smooth over your "poof" and just a fair warning, it will probably scare you and look like a giant knot, but gently use a brush or comb to smooth the top, leaving the teased part underneath to create full look,

Lastly, spray the whole look so that it stays in place.

Brigitte often would do her hair half up and half down, leaving her bangs out and framing her face so if you find your hair is too much in your face, feel free to do that as well!


3 comments

  1. I love this old fashioned look - one of my favorites!! Hey girl email me at blovedboston23@gmail.com - your a no reply blogger and I can't seem to find your email address to reply back to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips! I have been trying to create the perfect smoky eye for years, but could never quite get it. I like the method you used. Also, I need that texturizing spray stat! I'm going to get some tomorrow:) Hope you're having a great night!

    ReplyDelete