Shop My Closet

Shop My Closet
Shop My Closet

My Published Articles

My Published Articles
My Published Articles

My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things
My Favorite Things

Favorites of 2014: Face Products


BB:Garnier Miracle Skin Protector
When I was looking for light coverage but something that would still even out my complexion, I always reached for my Garnier BB cream. It has great coverage without feeling cake and never oxidizes on my skin.

Foundation: Kat Von D Lock It
This foundation is perfect for all over coverage and gives a flawless finish. I don't wear it everyday but its very nice for going out looks or when I'm having a bad skin day.

Concealer: Maybelline Age Rewind
Sometimes I used this under my eyes, around my nose, and on my cheeks, & turned this "concealer" into a makeshift foundation. It evens the skin, goes on light, and has lasting coverage.

Powder: Revlon ColorStay
I loved this powder for its lasting power and its affordability

Bronzer: Laura Geller Bronze and Brighten
I've had this powder bronzer for what seems like forever and I never seem to even make a dent in it! It's light enough to look natural on my pale skin but dark enough to use as a contour in the winter months.

Blush: NYX Bourgeois Pig & Milani Coralina 
The deep NYX blush is my go to for the winter and fall because it gives a snow white- wind burnt look to the cheeks which looks very natural in the colder months. The coral milani blush is my go to for when it warms up and I want to feel summery and tanned.

Eye Primer: MAC Painterly paint pot
This color matches my skin tone perfectly and helps my eyeshadows stay on all day. It covers the veins and thinness of my eyelids and evens everything out.

Highlight: MAC Soft and Gentle
This MAC highlight is a little pricey, but for the small amount of product you need to highlight your face, I think this will last me almost my entire life. The product is massive and only the tiniest amount is needed to accentuate the high points on one's face.

Brush: IT Cosmetics Complexion Brush
I always thought these brushes were over priced and over hyped... and for the most part I still believe they are. There are lots of great affordable brushes, however when it comes to applying my liquid foundation, I'm quite particular. I love how soft this brush is and how easily it cleans. I haven't once had a bristle or hair fall out onto my face or come out while I've cleaned it. It's around the $30 mark which is pricey but for a staple brush I use everyday, I'm willing to pay that price.

4 comments

  1. Love this! I am also in love with Maybelline's Age Rewind Concealer and MAC's Soft and Gentle! I have not tried the Kat Von D Foundation but I may have to consider it because I have heard so many good things about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really loving it! such a great full coverage look!

      Delete
  2. MAC paint pots are the best eyelid primers that also add a little color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard great things about BB cream, might have to get me some.

    ReplyDelete