Shop My Closet

Shop My Closet
Shop My Closet

My Published Articles

My Published Articles
My Published Articles

My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things
My Favorite Things

New Maybelline Products Review: Super Stay Even Better & Chaotic Lash

Many girls love Revlon color-stay and while I do enjoy the color range and lasting power, Maybelline SuperStay has been my go to full coverage foundation since 2009. How do I remember this? Welllll, I was on the treadmill at the Univ. Of Alabama's gym and I first saw the commercial for a sweat proof, long lasting, elasticity supreme foundation, when I was immediately intrigued and walked over to the walgreens after my workout to pick up a bottle. Needless to say I fell in love. Even the cleaning woman of my freshman dorm stopped me one morning to tell me how beautiful my skin looked. And I'm not one of those girls with perfect skin, I have many acne scars and am prone to acne, it's rare I don't have at least one bump/blemish/zit on my face. Anyways, fast forward a couple years and my holy grail foundation is getting harder and harder to find. 
After watching some youtube reviews from UK beauty bloggers, I heard they were reformulating the foundation and packaging and I've been on the hunt ever since. Every time I go to Target I check the makeup stand, only to be disappointed, until yesterday, I found my lover y'all.

Concealer is in Light & Foundation is 3rd darkest

The concealer was $8.99 at my Target and the foundation was either $9.99 or $10.99 I can't remember, although I did have a Maybelline coupon so 'go me' for getting two dollars off. The foundation came in what I remembered to be about 9 shades, fairly good for drugstore, and the concealer came in 001 Fair, 002 Light which I got, 003 Tan, and 004 Dark. I got my foundation in the 3rd lightest shade aka the darker side of the pale range. The lightest shade was stark white so it might be a good match for my pale girls out there who always end up with foundations too dark and yellow for their skin.

Finally they added a pump, Hallelujah!
Maybelline Chaotic Lash
I put this on this morning to test out and I'm equally if not more in love with this product. The packaging is way cuter and praise the heavens, has a pump! It went on smooth, set into my skin and looked straight up flawless. I went on a light jog around the neighborhood after and although I don't usually run with makeup on, I wanted to see how it worked with humidity and sweat and even after running for 20 minutes in the 98 degree Virginia weather, I looked pretty dang good when I came home. I was scared it wouldn't be as long wearing as the original but I think it's even better.
The "Even Better" aspect is marketed for making uneven skin tones even out in a variance of weeks which I'll have to see if it works but as long as it covers my uneven skin tone, I'm not super worried about it performing skincare magic. The ACTYL-C is from what I researched a whitening property, found in many asian BB creams, which is probably responsible for "even-ing" the skin tone. I'm not very concerned about it harming my skin because almost all Loreal products contain the element as well as all my asian BB creams.

Lastly, because I'm a sucker for mascara I grabbed up yet another Maybelline product, mascara. The picture of the model with this mascara looked like she had legit spiders on her eyes...which is kinda the look I like. If I don't want too look like I'm wearing mascara, I just won't! It's definitely a very intense effect that would look awesome for going out because it makes your lashes look thick, long, and fake.

1 comment

  1. I've been on the hunt for a good drugstore mascara so thank you for the great review!!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete