Shop My Closet

Shop My Closet
Shop My Closet

My Published Articles

My Published Articles
My Published Articles

My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things
My Favorite Things

Pinspiration: Arrow DIY






A simple but somewhat tedious DIY is the string and nail arrow. I think it looks adorable and is worth the bit of time it takes to complete because of the look of the intricacy and detail in the project. To begin, you will need some type of wood or material you wish your artwork to be on. I tried this first on a large canvas print but it didn't support the nails so be sure you choose a hard surface to work with. Then you just need some arrow decals to map out your placement and some string or thread and nails.



I used tape to hold my decal in place as I nailed and put in the anchor nails along the arrow feather lines and some various ones along the arrow before I really got involved in the intricacy of nailing every several milli-centimeters.


The finished product! I used gold string and gold chevron wash tape on the ends and also inter webbed the face of the arrows to give a messy look to the arrows.

5 comments

  1. Okay this is ADORABLE! I've seen these all over pinterest and always wanted to try it out!
    xo ClassToCloset

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really cute DIY!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love arrows--makes me think of my dad that passed away 7 months ago--so i loved this diy

    ReplyDelete