Shop My Closet

Shop My Closet
Shop My Closet

My Published Articles

My Published Articles
My Published Articles

My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things
My Favorite Things

Tutorial: Blushed Eyes


The makeup products I used for this look relied almost entirely on these three products: The Maybelline tattoo eye color in Inked In Pink, the Pur Cosmetics pigment in Silk and the Maybelline Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette. The Maybelline palette is an identical dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 3, but substantially cheaper.
I adore all of the Maybelline color tattoos because they work exactly like the MAC paint pots and act as a great base for building up the pigment of other shadows or can be worn on their own. 
For this occasion, I was going to a black tie gala and wanted a dramatic eye to pair with my grecian-style dress. I used Inked In Pink first, as a base for the rest of my shadows. I then used varying pink and gold shades in the Maybelline palette for my lid but stuck with a mauve/darker purple shade for my crease. I like to define my crease with a matte shade so it acts as an illusion to make my eye appear fuller and larger. Adding shimmer into the crease would make it look too "makey," similar to why you want to use a matte shade when contouring, not shimmery, to create shadows and illusions.
I wore a pink gown so I really wanted to go with the rose-gold grecian vibe so I didn't apply my usually dark black eyeliner. In fact, I wore nothing but a nude eyeliner on my water line. I lightly lined my upper lash line with a darker purple shade but it barely stood out, just acting as a color to hide my fake eyelash line. 
Lastly I added the gorgeous Pur Cosmetics liquid pigment. It works in a similar way to Josie Maran's watercolor eyeshadow range, but came in a squishy/mesh packaging rather than a doe foot applicator. I applied it to the center of the lid and along the lower lash line for a pop of shimmer and to make my eyes appear fuller. Lastly, my dramatic fake lashes from Ardell were added as the focal point of the eye look.


For the face, I keep it rather simple since I had such shimmery eyes. My go to for a flawless base, is the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. It's a great full coverage for all over the face and finished best with my brightening Urban Decay Concealer. I like UD's concealer because it has a light finish. Nars Blush in orgasm was lightly patted along the cheeks and lastly champagne pop Becca Highlighter to highlight the cheekbones, as well as my shoulders.

What's your go-to dramatic eye look?

No comments